Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
Scrapbooking a Lifetime of Memories Family Articles | May 9 Isaiah Johnson Black Jersey , 2005

Scrapbooking is a popular hobby these days. There are books, magazines, websites, companies, and meeting groups dedicated to preserving our photo memories in a personally meaningful way. I have a dear friend who creates scrapbooks that are truly works of art; people actually pay her to make scrapbooks for them. My scrapbooks will never reach that level of sophistication, consisting only of photos attached to colored paper and simple captions. Nevertheless, I hope that my children will someday appreciate the books I have made for them. Each boy has his own book so that when they grow up and leave the nest, they can take a piece of their past with them. In their books are all the pictures you would expect to find: birthdays Maxx Crosby Black Jersey , Christmas, trips that we have taken, as well as some photos of everyday occurrences. All the individuals who have played a role in their young lives are labeled by name so that thirty years from now they won't have to come back and ask me who these people are.

Yet, despite my attempts at thoroughness, I can't help but feel that the most precious memories are the ones that don't fit neatly into a scrapbook. There are so many moments that haven't been preserved on film, times that the presence of a camera would destroy. Playing hide-and-seek in the backyard, curling up with my boys reading their favorite stories over and over, running around the bases at the park Trayvon Mullen Black Jersey , and the quiet times at night when my husband and I get them ready for bed are some of my cherished moments that are captured only in my heart. I wish that there were some way of holding on to those memories and passing them along to my sons, but I have to trust that they are making their own. Although they may not consciously remember these joyful times, I hope that the feelings of love and happiness will be permanently imprinted in them for them to one day share with their own children. Then, their scrapbooks will be complete.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur is editor of The Spiritual Woman Newsletter (http:www.spiritualwoman.net) and author of "Letters to Mary from a Young Mother" (iUniverse, 2004). She has a Masters Degree in Applied Theology from Elms College.

Atlantis is often described as paranormal or mythical, but is it really? In two of Plato's great works, the Timaeus and the Critias, Plato describes an Athenian civilization in diaglogue between Critias Johnathan Abram Black Jersey , Socrates, Timaeus and Hermocrates. (Predating Plato by 9,000 years, or 9,600 BC) Atlantis, according to Critias, was a great Athenian city which, by the hand of mankind Josh Jacobs Black Jersey , met with cataclysmic destruction. By his (Solon) grandfather's education, Critias retold the story of an Athenian civiliation. Critias claimed that Solon (not only his grandfather, but a Greek traveler and historian from Egypt), stayed and interrelated with great Egyptian priests. The recordings from Solon were then given to Plato by Critias. Because Plato's works are considered historical fact, one can only assume that Atlantis DID indeed exist.

According to Plato's historical literature, Atlantis was an organized , massive military state that at the end of its realm, met with great Clelin Ferrell Black Jersey , natural calamity during the planning stages on an assault on Egypt.

Agriculturally, the Athenian nation was well educated and able to create herbal remedies from plants. Their irrigational skills were very advanced, as they constructed muliple canals to irrigate their plains and farmlands. Due to their superior intelligence, reservoirs and buildings like the Metropolis were constructed, hydraulically-engineered machines and bridges were built, literary pieces and laws were written; and most often, their objects were coated with bronze, copper or gold.

Based on a monarchy and systemized class Antonio Brown Black Jersey , the Atlantis civilization also held a valuable status for women. Historically thought to be the greatest of all nations, Atlantis ruled all surrounding land with their emperiorical laws.

Apart from being an advanced civilization, Atlantis (according to Plato), was a massively-sized continent. By Critias' measurements, Atlantis would have been about 3,400 x 2,300 miles in size - this is larger than some, major oceanic basins. Critias accounts that Egyptian priests told of Atlantis being located beyond the Pillars of Hercules (the Strait of Gibraltar); this Derek Carr Black Jersey , where the Atlanic Ocean and the Mediteranian Sea intercede one another. Today, some evidence has been provided that denote underwater walls and roads, and a set of islands resembling the shape of Atlantis in the Caribbean Sea. Another possible theory would be that Atlantis could possibly rest on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, (a beneath-ground mountain range); while some researchers believe that Atlantis could be in the Azores, Crete or the Canary Islands.

Unfortunately, (according to the Egyptian priests), Atlantis was continually pounded by catastrophic earthquakes and floods until one day when the whole continent sunk beneath the sea and disappeared. They were also quoted as saying that where Atlantis vanished, became an area in the ocean that was impassable and undiscoverable. The theory behind the sinking of Atlantis was that mankind had become so corrupt Bo Jackson Black Jersey , that by their own hands, created their own demise.

In closing, Atlantis brings to mind the biblical stories of Sodom and Noah. It also interrelates with the continental shifts throughout the ages of the earth's history, but could Atlantis really have existed? The evidence, whether circumstantial or philosophical literature, the fact remains that Plato only wrote historical truth. This being said, what message was Plato trying to convey to the future of mankind? To the reader, I conclude this article with a quotation from Critias Hunter Renfrow Camo Jersey , from the literature of Plato, "There have been, and will be. Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China Wholesale College Jerseys China Cheap NHL Jerseys Online Cheap Custom Soccer Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap MLB Baseball Jerseys Cheap NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys
06-17-2020, 04:23 AM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Authentic Dele Alli Jersey[ xiaxue123 0 31 06-24-2020 04:59 AM
Last Post: xiaxue123
  Tyquan Lewis Jersey xiaxue123 0 36 06-24-2020 04:52 AM
  Davide Zappacosta Jersey xiaxue123 0 33 06-24-2020 04:41 AM
  Brooks Robinson Jersey[ xiaxue123 0 30 06-24-2020 04:35 AM