Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
One of the pieces of equipment that I carried with me during the Smuttynose Rockfest Marathon last week was a cool little energy flask made by a company called Hydrapak. Hydrapak makes some Nike Air Max Thea Mujer innovative stuff, focusing Nike Air VaporMax Dam mainly on fueling, hydration systems, Nike Air Max 270 Mujer and packs, and I previously reviewed their GelBot water/gel bottle combo here on Runblogger.

Anyway, a few months ago a representative from Hydrapak got in touch with me and offered to send me a review sample of one of their new running packs, the super-minimal E-Lite Vest. The vest pack arrived a few weeks ago, and along with it he included both 5 oz and 8 oz samples of their Hydrapak Softflask (disclosure – the pack and flask were provided free-of-charge). As someone who generally carries watered down energy gels in a flask during marathons, the Softflask looked like an ideal alternative to carrying a small plastic bottle during a race (I have in the past used travel shampoo bottles and a Nathan Gel flask).Basically, the Hydrapak Softflask is like a soft, rubbery tooth-paste tube that can Nike Air Max 95 Femme be easily opened and filled with gel or Nike Air VaporMax Mens any other type of fueling concoction that www.goulvenbazire.fr you like. The lid on the flasks that I have is topped by a rubberized bite-valve (see photo below), which works great and avoids the sticky mess that inevitably occurs when I try to use a pull spout flask with goopy, watered down energy gel. Perhaps the best part about hand carrying the soft flask during the marathon last weekend is that it gets progressively smaller as it empties, form fits to your hand, and weighs practically nothing and packs into a tiny little ball when done (I hate carrying empty plastic flasks in my little waist belt in a race, and these work much better).Ultimately, the question for a product like this is will I use it again? The answer: absolutely! I plan to have the Hydrapak Softflask in hand once again while running the Adidas Superstar Femme Manchester City Marathon in November.Ultimately, Nike Air Max 270 Uomo the question for a product like this is will I use it again? The answer: absolutely! I plan to have the Hydrapak Softflask in hand once again while running the Manchester City Marathon in November.In 2004 I was making a documentary film about hiking New Hampshire’s 4000 Footers. As I was nearing the completion of the list and film, I was in need of a new hobby, and wondered if anyone had ever hiked the mountains the fastest. What I found was a “mountain” of information and stories about folks as early as the 1970s who had indeed hiked the mountains the fastest. I went and met Tim Seaver who is the current record holder at 3 Days 15 Hour 51 Minutes (187 Miles), and he told me about this thing called Ultra-Running. I asked what someone needed to do to become an ultra runner and Nike Air Max 90 Hombre his response was, “Basically you have to be stubborn and able to put up with a little, well actually a lot, of discomfort.” I was hooked on the idea and started running. I couldn’t run a mile without walking back in 2004 when is started, so I’ve come a long way since then. (You can read more about how Sherpa got into ultras hereYes I do, all the time. I tend to run shorter distances during the week which are anywhere from 5K to 10 miles or so. These shorter distance training runs are what I use to keep loose, go through the motions and refine a lot of my posture, speed and hill techniques. In terms of racing shorter distances… no. I can’t see paying $20+ to run a local 5K when I could pay $50 to run a 50 Miler in most cases. I like to look at signing up for races as a pay for value type system. I could pay $80 to run 26.2 or pay $175 to run a 100 Miler in some amazing place. Nike Air Max 90 Femme Rose I’ll take the 100 any day.Over the years I really feel like we’ve failed on this front so this year we’re really taking a hard stab at it. We’ve teamed up with Conservation New Hampshire and it’s our goal to get as many people outside as possible. This year’s run is being held on October 23-24, 2010 and is a trail run taking place on the Sunapee-Kearsarge-Ragged Greenway and the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway. The run totals 128.8 Miles with over 54,000 feet of elevation change – basically I’m going to climb Everest, around the clock, day and night, for two days. It all ends on Mount Monadnock, the worlds second most climbed mountain, and we really hope folks will join us for the final climb.
08-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply