Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
Until they’re not.That’s the message we’re getting out of Oakland these days David Sharpe Jersey , where a lot of the team’s moves seem to be catching Jon Gruden by complete surprise.Gruden denied initial reports that said the team was shopping Amari Cooper. Then they traded him. Following the trade, rumors immediately swirled about who could be next to go, starting with quarterback Derek Carr. General Manager Reggie McKenzie wouldn’t say definitively that Carr was safe from the trade block, so Gruden tried getting out in front of it, telling ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that there won’t be any more trades. But with a big caveat.“I was quoted on what I said to Chris Mortensen,” Gruden said Wednesday. “I don’t see us making any more trades. I didn’t see us making a trade the other day, I really didn’t. But sometimes, like I said, your plans change, whether you like it or not. You don’t know who’s going to call you and what they’re going to say. You really don’t. That goes in all phases of life. But I don’t see us making any more trades, but I’ll never say never again to anybody. If I said never to you, I’m sorry. I don’t think I did.”Gruden added “Certainly I don’t see us trading our quarterback.”While it is very much hard to imagine Derek Carr is going anywhere — at least not before next week’s trade deadline — Gruden’s words leave the door wide open inviting other teams to make them an offer, with really no players completely untouchable.Amari Cooper was had for a first round pick Karl Joseph Jersey , and honestly, the Raiders would have been foolish not to take that offer in this situation. What would it take to lure away someone like Karl Joseph? Or Gareon Conley, who reports say several teams have sniffed around the past couple days. Both players have been benched by Gruden, so the it’s not out of the realm of possibility the Raiders could value a high pick more than the player.Follow @LeviDamien After months and months of evaluating who the Raiders might draft now that the draft is over it was time for ESPN’s resident draft guru Mel Kipler Jr to evaluate who the team actually selected.K..."After months and months of evaluating who the Raiders might draft now that the draft is over it was time for ESPN’s resident draft guru Mel Kipler Jr to evaluate who the team actually selected.Kiper released his grades for all 32 teams on Monday and had some good things to say about this year’s haul by the Raiders“Overall you have to like the talent influx from the draft class,” said Kiper.“They loaded up on power-program, tested talent. They hit a pile of needs, though they had plenty to hit.”Kiper’s grade for the Raiders was a B.He described Clelin Ferrell as a “high character, high productivity” combo.He praised the Raiders for the additions of Josh Jacobs, the number one running back in the class and Johnathan Abram, “an intimidator who will make you feel it as a tackler.” The positive talk from Kiper didn’t end there, as a guest on the Golic and Wingo radio show Kiper predicted the Raiders will win 10 games and the AFC West division.Talk about bold predictions.
08-13-2019, 09:24 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  After the Raiders traded Amari Cooper chenyan94 0 11 08-20-2019 09:44 PM
Last Post: chenyan94
  Who are the best players available chenyan94 0 21 08-14-2019 02:16 AM
  The NCAA College Football season is over chenyan94 0 21 08-13-2019 11:25 PM
  Oakland Raiders cornerback Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie chenyan94 0 26 08-06-2019 09:57 PM
  At a time when current Steelers players chenyan94 0 42 07-30-2019 11:48 PM
  Minutes after the Raiders officially announced chenyan94 0 28 07-30-2019 09:39 PM
  Broncos vs. Raiders: chenyan94 0 48 06-25-2019 10:52 PM
  Raiders vs Chargers fantasy football advice: chenyan94 0 69 05-29-2019 10:09 PM
  t. Key players in the market have been identified throug yaya2017 0 68 01-22-2019 03:12 AM
Last Post: yaya2017
  Oakland Raiders Hat huangjian123 0 99 12-25-2018 12:16 AM
Last Post: huangjian123