Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
I’ve www.amolan.es been in touch off and on with a New Balance rep about trying the Minimus out when it was ready, but had indicated only a day or two ago that the New Balance Mimimus trail shoe might be more suitable heading into winter. There was no indication from them that the shoes would be ready to send out anytime soon, so I was quite surprised and excited when these arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.Last Sunday I ran the Manchester City Marathon, my second and final marathon of the Fall racing season. The 5 weeks between earning my BQ at Smuttynose and my running of this race were both crazily busy and exhausting, and my motivation to train for the race in Manchester was sorely lacking. I did put in miles, but most were uninspired. I’d attribute my slack www.matthieugranier.fr training to a combination of fatigue, mental letdown from completion of the Smuttynose Nike Air Max 270 Femme race, and just a general need to let my body take a break. On top of this, the course in Manchester is extremely hilly, and I knew there was no way a PR would be in play. Thus, I entertained for a moment the idea of either dropping out of the race or scaling back and just doing the half marathon. However, it’s not in my nature to back out of something I committed to, so when a local running friend, Ron of the Got Lactate! blog, suggested I join him in pacing the 3:40 finish group, I saw this as the ideal way to run the race – spend some time running with people I knew, and try to help others meet their time goal since mine was taken care of last month. I had a great time running at a conversational pace with friends and strangers alike. We had Nike Air VaporMax Femmea large group with us for much of the first half of the race, but after the half-Nike Air Max Classic BW marathoners split off at about the 13 mile mark, our group got considerably smaller. Then, by the time we finished the killer climb up Daniel Plummer Road at mile 18 (which knocked me out last year) and ran through the Saint Anselm College campus where I work, our group began to fragment even more, and eventually there were only about 6-7 of us left, most of whom had qualified for Boston in a race earlier in the Fall and were running more-or-less for fun. I spent most of the final six miles running with my two fellow pacers (Ron and Joe), and two guys in sport kilts that had been with us for most of the race. I actually crossed the finish line simultaneously with Joe and the two kilted runners – it was great to finish the race with them since we spent Adidas Superstar Homme most of it running either together or leapfrogging one another, and it’s a Nike Air Max 270 Mujer finish-line photo that I can’t wait to see.My official finish time was 3:39:36. Although I didn’t manage to help get anyone to the finish line who was specifically shooting for the 3:40 time as a goal, it felt good nonetheless to fulfill the duty of a pacer and finish just under the target time.It seems strange that a race run considerably slower than the one I ran just a month could hurt more, but that’s the way things panned out. As I said above, Manchester is a very hard course with a lot of elevation change (see elevation profile above), and I had not done a lot of hill training prior to Smuttynose since it was a relatively flat course. On top of that, I don’t think my body was fully recovered from Smuttynose, nor was it fully recovered from a hard 1Nike Air Huarache Dames 5 miler that I had run the weekend before to see if my feet could handle Adidas Gazelle Mujer marathon distance in the Saucony Grid Type A4 racing flats (more on this below). I was Adidas Superstar Donne feeling sore in both my feet and legs very early in the race, particularly on the left side, and I threw out any attempt to pay attention to form very early as a result – I opted to just let my body find the way to run that hurt the least. I think the soreness led to some odd gait alteration on the left, and by late race my left ITB and hip flexor were both barking at me loudly. Running the big downhill in mile 20 was brutal on my quads, and I don’t think I have ever been that sore in a marathon before (well, maybe in this same race last year). Today, three days removed from the race, everything feels mostly fine except my feet, where it seems I have some residual soreness under the lateral forefoot. The plan is to take at least a full week off Nike Roshe Run Damenjust to give my body a chance to rest now that my marathons are out of the way.
08-05-2019, 01:40 AM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  time to try out a compression Labi1995 0 31 08-29-2019 03:08 AM
Last Post: Labi1995
  Time to check on the latest news surrounding chenyan94 0 32 08-26-2019 11:24 PM
Last Post: chenyan94
  ointing out that it takes time to Labi1995 0 46 08-22-2019 01:46 AM
  At a time when current Steelers players chenyan94 0 67 07-30-2019 11:48 PM
Last Post: chenyan94
  samt Ground contact time ( Labi1995 0 68 06-27-2019 03:23 AM
  Oakland Raiders In a time of the game huangjian123 0 201 11-19-2018 03:46 AM
Last Post: huangjian123
  this time around she wo huangjian123 0 148 09-25-2018 11:02 PM
Last Post: huangjian123
  ne by this time, so I get huangjian123 0 106 08-26-2018 11:17 PM