Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
ANAHEIM Carlos Baerga Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Isiah Kiner-Falefa singled off Blake Parker with one out in the eighth inning, spoiling the Los Angeles Angels‘ bid for an unprecedented no-hitter against the Texas Rangers.Los Angeles was closing in on the record for most pitchers used in a no-hitter. The Houston Astros set the mark with six pitchers while shutting down the Yankees in 2003. Roy Oswalt started that game but was injured in the first inning. The Mariners matched that record in 2012.Jim Johnson opened Tuesday night’s game with 1 1/3 innings, and Noe Ramirez, Hansel Robles, Cam Bedrosian, Justin Anderson and Jose Alvarez followed with no-hit ball. Parker retired Willie Calhoun to start the eighth before Kiner-Falefa lined a clean single into right field.The Angels led 1-0 through seven innings.Unlike the Astros in their no-hit bid, the Angels planned to make this one a bullpen game, following a trend started by the Tampa Bay Rays this season of using relievers as openers. Los Angeles is using the strategy to cover for an injury-decimated rotation that is without Shohei Ohtani, Garrett Richards, Tyler Skaggs and more. Manager Mike Scioscia used four bullpen games in August. Growing up in the Seattle area Yonder Alonso Jersey , Adrian Sampson dreamed of pitching at Safeco Field.The Texas Rangers’ right-hander will finally get his much-delayed chance Saturday night against the Mariners.“I’m excited about it,” the 26-year-old Sampson told MLB.com. “When I get out there, I just need to put blinders on, but that’s how I have been pitching lately, with tunnel vision. It is my last start and this has been a good year. To culminate the whole year by pitching here is pretty special.”Article continues below ...Just how special?Sampson, who starred at Skyline High School in the Seattle suburb of Sammamish and at nearby Bellevue Community College, was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the fifth round in 2012. He was traded to the Mariners on July 31, 2015, for left-hander J.A. Happ.He was called up by Seattle the following June and made his major-league debut with a start at Boston’s Fenway Park.Five days later, he took the mound at Detroit’s Comerica Park. But while throwing his second-to-last warmup pitch before the first inning http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authent...rez-jersey , Sampson felt tingling in his right elbow.The diagnosis was a torn flexor tendon muscle.“I feel terrible for him,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said at the time. “I really do. He was really excited to get to the big leagues. He’s worked his tail off, and he was playing for the hometown team.”The Rangers claimed him off waivers after the 2016 season and Sampson missed most of 2017 following surgery. After going 8-4 with a 3.77 ERA at Triple-A Round Rock, Sampson received a September call-up.Sampson (0-2, 4.96 ERA) had made four appearances this month, including three starts.“I’d say I’m a little better at this point in all aspects,” Sampson told The Dallas Morning News on whether he’s back to his pre-injury level. “Not just physically but mentally, too. I feel like I’m back and ready to compete at the major-league level.”Sampson, who is still seeking his first major-league victory, will be opposed by Mariners ace James Paxton (11-6 Bradley Zimmer Jersey , 3.85). The left-hander is 2-4 with a 4.98 ERA in 12 career starts against Texas, and that includes an 0-0 record and 7.00 ERA in two starts against the Rangers this year.“I’m real happy getting another opportunity to pitch this year,” Paxton told MLB.com. “I’ll just continue to work and try to find that rhythm and sharpness that I want and feel good going into the offseason.”Paxton is one strikeout shy of becoming the sixth Mariners pitcher to reach 200 in a season. Randy Johnson accomplished the feat seven times, Felix Hernandez six, Mark Langston four and Floyd Bannister and Erik Hanson once each.And what will Sampson be looking for?“As long as I make it through warmups, I’m happy,” he told The Morning News. “In rehab I got to a point where I had to just get through that and not worry about it. I had to just think about getting to where every five days I could just go to work. I think mentally I’ve gotten through that.”
02-19-2019, 11:45 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FIFA 18 News: Juventus Real Madrid the Business Touched by A Breath Rshop2018 0 444 06-24-2018 10:05 PM
Last Post: Rshop2018
  What does SMART ID 187 (UECC Count) actually mean for real world data integrity? rstefaniacoxa 0 400 05-24-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: rstefaniacoxa
  What's the real deal with DDR4 memory? justinbray9 0 346 04-10-2016 04:12 PM
Last Post: justinbray9
  How much faster in real life would a new NVMe drive be than Crucial M4? PaulMallow 0 403 01-01-2016 12:25 AM
Last Post: PaulMallow
  Overclocking weirdness, is "burn-in" real? jindymas11 0 243 07-28-2015 11:23 AM
Last Post: jindymas11
  Real world performance benefit of PCI-E SSD's? eranfields77 0 269 03-24-2015 07:33 PM
Last Post: eranfields77
  Seemingly unrelated question underlying a real basis in this forum zportermarquerrr 0 273 01-25-2015 06:45 PM
Last Post: zportermarquerrr
  Real time data sync recommendation. erikduop 0 312 12-15-2014 06:23 PM
Last Post: erikduop
  The real state of HT technology on Haswell core and 0 316 11-27-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: and
  DDR3 versus DDR2. How much real world difference is there? larsenlamont 0 475 09-30-2014 09:00 AM
Last Post: larsenlamont