Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
inning streak are long gone. Two straight losses have the Jets scrambling for answers ?again ?and they need to find them fast.Todd Bowles' bunch is 3-5 after eight games for the third straight season. New York finished 5-11 in each of the past two http://www.bearscheapstores.com/nick-kwi...rsey-cheap , and a repeat performance might not sit well with ownership 鈥?or the fans."It's very frustrating," Bowles said Monday during a conference call. "We've got to put our heads down and we've got to correct this and we've got to try to come out and win some ballgames."The season's not over, but we're halfway through and we're 3-5 and you don't like where you are, but we've dug ourselves this hole, we've got to dig ourselves out."Easier said than done, of course. Especially based on how the previous two seasons played out.New York has a pair of AFC East rivals up next on the schedule, with a game at Miami next Sunday before the Jets return home to face Buffalo in two weeks. Then, they'll have their bye-week break 鈥?and have a good sense of what direction their season is heading."I mean, obviously we're not satisfied with our record," safety Marcus Maye said. "We know where we want to be, but we took a look at it today and we know we still have all of our division games coming up, so those are our most important games coming up here on our schedule."Even with a 3-5 record, we know we still have everything sitting in front of us despite everything that's happened already."The Jets ended a three-game skid three weeks ago with a convincing 34-16 win over Denver and followed that up by outlasting Indianapolis in a 42-34 victory to get their record back to .500 at 3-3.But in a 37-17 loss to Minnesota last week and an ugly 24-10 defeat at Chicago on Sunday , New York has looked flat and sloppy.Injuries to key players such as wide receivers Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson, running back Bilal Powell and center Spencer Long haven't helped. But the Jets have also not made things easy on themselves with penalties, including eight against the Bears."Just shooting ourselves in the foot http://www.bearscheapstores.com/bobby-ma...rsey-cheap ," quarterback Sam Darnold said. "The penalties killed. If we don't have the early false starts, I think it's just a different game."New York was actually called for 10 penalties, with eight accepted. Of those, five were false starts and two neutral-zone infractions."That was probably the worst part of the game," Bowles said. "It's just a concentration thing by certain guys at certain times. We get that fixed as coaches, they've got to fix it as players. The false starts were the most disheartening thing of the whole ballgame."That's saying a lot, considering there was plenty not to like against the Bears.Darnold was 14 of 29 for 153 yards and a touchdown to Chris Herndon, but the offense was sluggish for most of the game. New York had just 207 yards of total offense, the third-lowest total in Bowles' three-plus seasons 鈥?and that's even with Chicago being without the injured Khalil Mack.The running game was completely ineffective with just 57 yards on 24 attempts, a dismal average of 2.4 yards per carry. That's a far cry from the 323 yards rushing, boosted by Isaiah Crowell's franchise-record 219, against Denver three weeks ago."That's a good question," Bowles said when asked about the running game's struggles lately. "I didn't think it was good at all yesterday. I thought they beat us up front and they beat us to the punch."I thought we missed some assignments that we've got to correct, but we've got to keep grinding at it. We can't be up and down. We've got to be consistent at it. If we want to throw the ball consistently, we got to be able to run it consistently."Sounds simple enough, but the Jets have found consistency in just about anything to be tough to come by.Bowles spoke after the game about how he liked how the team stayed together throughout the game against the Bears Cheap Eddie Jackson Jersey , and that is a positive from which to build. The players echoed their coach's sentiments, insisting that they can turn things around together.Bowles also believes the Jets are better today than they were at the start of the season."Any time you don't win ballgames, you don't see that on record," Bowles said. "But I feel like we're closer from a chemistry standpoint and camaraderie standpoint. We've just got to make some plays."NOTES: The Jets re-signed CB Juston Burris to the practice squad. Burris, a fourth-rounder in 2016, was cut from the active roster Saturday to make room for RB De'Angelo Henderson. ... Bowles had no update on NT Steve McLendon's ankle injury that forced him out of the game.Bears vs Buccaneers postgame: Soldier Field witnesses Biskmagic as Trubisky leads Bears in 48 to 10 evisceration of Bucs Some people have been patient with Mitch Trubisky. They have pointed out that he shows great traits when his head and mechanics are right, that he’s still inexperienced with limited NFL and college experience. Some of us have even pointed out the reasons he’s struggled are mostly areas that can be improved and there was no reason to give up hope that he could be a true franchise star.Those people look smart right now. For those of you just joining us, I was one of those people. I am pleased by this turn of events.This games full, glorious box score can be found here, in case you want to frame it or print it out to hang on the refrigerator.If it all comes down to execution, Trubisky brought the guillotineTwo more touchdowns in the first half than any Bears’ quarterback in franchise history? Check. Red zone execution. Check. Exceptional accuracy on deep throws? Check. Legs for days? Check. Accuracy on throws to the left?? Check!So far this season, it seems Trubisky was cooking with baking soda. Any amateur food chemist worth their weight in salt will tell you that if you want a baked good—such as a biscuit—to rise, you need to add an acid to the baking soda. This converts the bicarbonate to carbonic acid (H2CO3) which, of course, can then break into water and carbon dioxide, the later in gaseous form expands the biscuit from within and allows it to rise into it’s idea fluffy and flaky form.Maybe it was Nagy simplifying the offense the right amount. Maybe it was something within Trubisky that finally clicked. Or maybe it was the bitterness of shade fans have been piling on him for the first three weeks. The reason why may never be clear. It hardly matters.The biscuit has risen.This is what I pictured when I fantasized about Tarik Cohen and Taylor Gabriel in the same offenseIt probably has something to with the Buccaneers rolling with three rookie corner backs Cheap Anthony Miller Jersey , but it seemed at least one defender was over-matched against one of these two. This game was full of deep passes to these swift shorties and quick dump-offs that they grabbed and ran, chopping up the defense and stacking up YAC. For Trubisky’s 6th touchdown, he tried a bootleg to the right to Cohen without success, then immediately connected on the same play to Gabriel. It felt too easy. We can worry about that later.Helloo Bilal NicholsSpeaking of areas overflowingin riches on the Bears roster. Bilal Nichols has shown up strong in limited snaps on a deep defensive line. There’s nothing I like more than watching a big bear break into the backfield and smosh down a scrambling opponent, and Nichols delivered with two beautiful tackles for loss. Khalil Mack is going to get a strip sack every game for the rest of his career It might not show up on the stat sheet if you don’t count—like today—when the offense recovers it, but the man knows how to sack the ball, incidentally bringing the quarterback down with it. Is it too early to worry about becoming complacent with Mack’s level of excellence and potentially taking it for granted? Don’t let it happen, Bears fans!Akiem Hicks on pace for 12 sacksHopefully, he can pick it up as he gets more comfortable taking advantage of Mack’s double teams.Dance Party in Winston’s backfieldIt became comical how often multiple Bears ended up chasing Jameis Winston in the backfield in the second half, at times knocking into either, often barely wiffing on a sack. It would have been frustrating if the game hadn’t clearly established as an indisputably glorious Bears triumph.Bears still rule the NFC NorthI think the best approach for the Bears at this point is to win every game going forward. I haven’t done all the math, but I’m pretty sure that will seal the division for them. Don’t want to risk screwing this up.It was a beautiful day in Chicago. The Bears performance exceeded even the most optimistic of expectations. The offense may never run this smoothly again, so take this moment to appreciate it. I know I’ll be rewatching the coaches tape more than once. I don’t even think there will be diminishing returns in the number of chortles and giggles this gridiron masterpiece will induce.The Bears dominated a good team today. The team worked in seamless unison and delivered a performance of rare and precious caliber. Can football teams get Emmy’s for best television product of the season? The Bears should get an Emmy for this.
01-11-2019, 04:59 AM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another bullpen implosion spoiled a good outing by Max Fried." panxing18 0 21 05-30-2019 08:55 PM
Last Post: panxing18
  Juan Soto made a leaping catch in foul territory in the first game panxing18 0 133 03-18-2019 09:59 PM
  The Buffalo Bills offensive line was not very good in 2018 panxing18 0 60 02-25-2019 09:03 PM
  Indianapolis Colts Week 1 game balls vs Bengals Each panxing18 0 186 12-23-2018 11:30 PM
  , the Colts lost preseason game 20-19 to Baltimore Ravens panxing18 0 325 11-19-2018 09:38 PM
  Saints-Vikings playoff game. panxing18 0 112 09-07-2018 02:22 AM
  orida-Boston game while awa panxing18 0 95 08-28-2018 01:39 AM
  So it’s letting the game com panxing18 0 81 08-05-2018 11:35 PM
  . Boychuk missed his 18th game with a lo panxing18 0 106 07-08-2018 10:04 PM
  A good UML tool in open source? John 0 439 01-24-2011 12:02 PM
Last Post: John