Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors appeared to have control of their first-round series against Washington Wizards when they won the first two games.

They also thought they had Game 4 within their grasp Wes Horton Jersey , and yet the series is tied 2-2.

The pressure will be on the No. 1 Eastern Conference seed when they host the No. 8 seed Wizards in Game 5 of the best-of-seven series at the Air Canada Centre.

“I feel like both teams protected home court, now it’s the best-of-three,” Wizards guard John Wall said. “Somebody is going to have to win on the opponent’s court to win. We have a good opportunity to go there with some momentum, going into Game 5, and we want to take full advantage and try to get that win.”

It could have been different. With just under five minutes to play in Game 4 at Washington on Sunday, Wizards guard Bradley Beal fouled out. He had scored 31 points in 32 minutes.

The Wizards did not fold, however, but the Raptors did. With Wall leading the way, the Wizards went on to defeat the Raptors 106-98 to even the series.

“This one was tougher, because I thought we had it under control,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said.

Wall had 27 points, 14 assists and six rebounds in playing 43 minutes on Sunday.

After dropping the first two games in Toronto, Washington won both games at home, including a 122-103 decision in Game 3.

The Raptors led by 14 points during the third quarter on Sunday, but the score was tied at 92 when Beal fouled out.

The Raptors Reuben Foster Jersey , who used their full bench successfully during the season, have started to again rely heavily on their All-Star guards DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry.

DeRozan had 35 points, six rebounds and six assists Sunday, but also committed four of Toronto’s 19 turnovers (the Wizards made 13 turnovers) in 38 minutes. He also made some ill-advised shots down the stretch and was willing to shoulder his share of the blame.

“I blame myself for a lot of mistakes, for a lot of forced shots late in the game,” DeRozan said. “Mental mistakes, turnovers, late-game execution, stabbing in the backcourt in transition late in the game. A lot of things.”

Reserve guard Delon Wright continued on that theme.

“I just think we have to make that adjustment to realize that they’re not blitzing (DeRozan) as much anymore, they’re playing more single coverage,” said Wright, who passed up a couple of 3-pointers.

“Shoot it, man,” DeRozan said. “Every one of my teammates, I don’t care if they miss 20 shots in a row http://www.officialknightsproshop.com/au...unt-jersey , if you get a shot, shoot it. That’s the confidence we’ve had in one another all year.”

Lowry also saw considerable playing time, playing 39 minutes and had 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists.

A key player off the bench for the Raptors all season has been point guard Fred VanVleet, who has played only 2:49 in the series because of a sore right shoulder and is listed as doubtful for Game 5.

The Wizards, meanwhile, have been dealing with adversity all season with Wall limited to 41 starts because of a sprained left shoulder and surgery on his left knee. The Wizards were 2-2 against the Raptors during the season even though Wall missed all four games.

“You have to have resolve to win in this league,” Wizards coach Scott Brooks said. “We’ve had some tough moments this year with John missing half the season, but we found it, and it put us in a position to make the playoffs through resolve. You win playoff games, and you win playoff series with having that. We have that, and we have to continue to have that because we have to win two more games, and one of them has to be on the road.”

The Raptors will be trying to avoid making as many turnovers. Another veteran, forward Serge Ibaka, also made four turnovers Sunday.

“Some of it is Washington’s good defense and some of it is just taking out a gun Youth Royce Freeman Jersey , pointing it at your foot and shooting ourselves in the foot,” Casey said. “A lot of it was uncharacteristic. But it just didn’t start in Game 3. We had some of the same turnovers the first two games, but we were able to score and have a cushion and live through it. We have to take care of the basketball. Make sure we get quality shots.”

As the son of a journeyman hockey player and eventual coach, Buffalo Sabres newly acquired forward Tage Thompson became accustomed to never staying put in one place for too long.

”I’m not sure the amount of states I’ve lived in,” Thompson said Monday, in recalling how he attended nine schools by the time he began his junior year at a high school in Michigan.

”Almost a new school every year,” he added. ”So, I’ve moved around quite a bit.”

His father is Brent Thompson, who is the coach of Bridgeport in the American Hockey League. His career included numerous stops from playing for the AHL’s Hershey Bears in Pennsylvania to coaching the ECHL’s Alaska Aces.

It’s been a similar life of travel for the 20-year-old Thompson in the two years since being selected by the Blues in the first round of the draft following his freshman college year at UConn.

Upon splitting last season between St. Louis and the Blues’ AHL Affiliate in San Antonio, Texas, Thompson is headed to Buffalo. He was acquired along with two veteran teammates and two draft picks on Sunday, in a deal that sent center Ryan O’Reilly to St. Louis.

Perhaps, now, Thompson can finally get a chance to settle down.

”I feel like I’ve been living out of a suitcase, honestly Saints Authentic Jerseys ,” he said. ”I really do hope Buffalo’s it.”

The Sabres are counting on it after Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said Buffalo insisted Thompson be included in the trade. The Sabres also acquired centers Patrik Berglund and Vladimir Sobotka, as well as a conditional 2019 first-round pick and a 2021 second-rounder.

At just over 6 feet and 205 pounds, Thompson had three goals and nine assists in 41 games as an NHL rookie last season, while playing a limited role on a veteran-laden team.

In Buffalo, he’ll get a shot to earn a spot on one of the top two lines on a team rebuilding through youth.

”What we see in Tage is a kid who has a great shot, great size, and a really good reach on the ice,” GM Jason Botterill said. ”I think he’s a player that’s going to be able to step into our lineup and grow with our young centermen.”

Thompson can’t wait, and recalled how he was with his father when Armstrong called to inform him of the trade.

Once the shock wore off, the two discussed the opportunities the Sabres present.

”The more we sat and thought about it, we felt it’s a great fit for me,” Thompson said. ”It’s going to be exactly what I’ve been looking for as far as an opportunity to go in and play a lot and produce, and help the team win.”

Womens Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys
10-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Stay on trend year-round OHopkins0101 0 19 06-19-2020 11:13 PM
Last Post: OHopkins0101
  12mm Rondelle (Round) Swarovski Bead zhangsan520 0 58 01-28-2019 09:37 PM
Last Post: zhangsan520
  first-round opponent is. douhua2233 0 93 08-24-2018 04:25 AM
Last Post: douhua2233
  round. He went from a douhua2233 0 112 08-16-2018 05:00 AM
  Conference douhua2233 0 96 08-09-2018 11:32 PM
  Eastern Conference final for the third ti douhua2233 0 89 07-20-2018 05:11 AM
  This is the first series douhua2233 0 93 07-16-2018 02:25 AM
  A series of supportive phone lucyweiweiwei 0 114 04-25-2018 10:30 PM
Last Post: lucyweiweiwei
  New England Patriots turn attention to Tennessee Titans in AFC divisional round aliciahuang 0 204 01-11-2018 04:37 AM
Last Post: aliciahuang
  round draft pick and another kjh890124 0 131 11-13-2017 10:47 PM
Last Post: kjh890124