Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
The NFL’s new rules designed to reduce the impacts on kickoffs represent a last-gasp effort to keep the play in the sport.

That’s the word from former head of officiating Mike Pereira Kyle Fuller Jersey , who believes that if this year’s rule changes don’t result in the desired reduction in kickoffs, the NFL will just abolish the play entirely.

“If at the end of this year there are more concussions on kickoffs, forget it. It’s gone,” Pereira said this morning on PFT Live.

The flip side is, the new rules have the potential to save the kickoff and keep it in the sport for good.

“If we have more returns and less concussions then the kickoff is here to stay Womens Phil Taylor Jersey , maybe forever,” Pereira said.

Pereira believes that if the NFL scraps kickoffs, the most likely replacement would be the “Greg Schiano rule,” in which teams would face a fourth-and-15 from their own 35-yard line and could either punt the ball as the new equivalent of a kickoff, or go for it as the new equivalent of an onside kick.

Johnny Manziel will get in a game for the first time in Canada this week Sean Taylor Jersey , but he’ll be coming off the bench as a backup as the Canadian Football League preseason kicks off.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats coach June Jones says last year’s starter, Jeremiah Masoli, 鈥渁bsolutely鈥?remains the starter both for the preseason opener on Friday and for the regular season opener on June 16.

鈥淢asoli is going to play until I feel good about it,鈥?Jones said of the starters’ playing time in the preseason game. 鈥淎nd then the rest of the game will be whatever we decide 鈥?15 plays each, or whatever.鈥?/p>

Jones said he likes what he sees from Manziel Authentic David Desharnais Jersey , but Manziel is not ready to run the full offense yet.

“His footwork has gotten a lot better. When things break down he’s doing what we ask. All those things,” Jones said. “It’ll be a while I’m sure before he’s comfortable with all the routes we’re running, but I bet if we had the first [string] guys in there with him he’d come along a lot faster.”

Manziel seems to understand that.

“I’m going to have to earn my stripes up here,” Manziel said. “I’m going to have to work extremely hard to do what I want, and that’s come and play at a high level.”

Manziel’s long-term goal is to get back in the NFL. But first he’s going to have to show he can start in the CFL. He hasn’t done that yet.

Cincinnati Bengals Customized Jerseys
10-09-2018, 02:16 AM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  is necessary to understand what you are bu zhangsan520 0 54 01-18-2019 04:19 AM
Last Post: zhangsan520
  own juice, you understand exactly what the zhangsan520 0 64 01-08-2019 05:05 AM
Last Post: zhangsan520
  I don't understand Windows 8 at all... Big Bad John 0 212 10-21-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: Big Bad John