Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 
Trophies:
In January Womens Justin Houston Jersey , Case Keenum was part of one of the great plays in NFL history when he completed the Minneapolis Miracle, the touchdown pass to Stefon Diggs on the last play of the Vikings’ playoff win over the Saints. Now Keenum is the Broncos’ quarterback, and he gave fans in Denver a fantastic breakdown of the play, both from an Xs and Os perspective, and from a human perspective.

Keenum was at an event for Broncos season ticket holders when he was asked about the play, and he then spent several minutes at a whiteboard explaining every element of it.

In the Vikings’ playbook, the play was known as “Gun buffalo right key left 7 heaven.” Keenum first explained what that means.

“Buffalo is our formation. It’s three-by-one but it’s a ‘B’ word — buffalo — so that’s a bunch, and there’s an ‘f’ in it so that means the f is at the point,” Keenum said. “Key left is the protection, which means it’s a six-man protection, they’re going to block six.”

Keenum made a point of praising the protection he got, especially in a late-game situation where 300-pound offensive linemen are running down the field in the no-huddle offense.

“The offensive line blocked their tails off. In these situations, two-minute, these defensive ends . . . they know it’s a pass so they’re literally in a track stance and they’re just rushing as fast as it can. So it started there. They were incredible,” Keenum said of his offensive linemen.

Keenum then went through his progressions and explained that he saw three other options before deciding to throw to Diggs.

“I had my guy Adam Thielen at X and he had a 7 route. The first part of that play call was 7, so he had a 7 route Viktor Arvidsson Jersey , which was a corner route. He had more than his share of defenders. He ran a 7 route, I really wanted to throw to him, but he was covered up,” Keenum said. “On this side we layer it. There’s three layers. Kyle Rudolph, who was at Y, he runs the quick out to the sideline. Our F, Jarius Wright, he runs an intermediate out route. And Stefon, who’s at Z, he’s got the high angle 7 heaven. There’s no timeouts left, we’re at our 39, and I remember calling the play and saying, ‘Guys, I’m going to give one of you a chance.'”

Keenum stressed that everyone on the Vikings’ offense was exhausted, given the furious pace of the final minutes of that game.

“They had just run all the way down the field and then they had to run back, and these guys are blocking their tails off Womens Devante Smith-Pelly Jersey , and they know I have to hold onto the ball to let these guys get down the field,” Keenum said.

Saints rookie free safety Marcus Williams was widely viewed as the villain of the play in New Orleans. Keenum praised Williams but acknowledged that it was Williams’ breakdown in coverage that keyed the big play.

“The rookie safety is a great player, had an awesome year, but he was beat, so Stefon just flattened the angle a little bit,” Keenum said. “I just threw it to the sideline. I remember I lost vision of him a little bit behind my right guard and I couldn’t really see. I knew the ball came out of my hand really, really well. Sometimes it comes out good and this came out great — I knew it was right where I wanted to put it. But I couldn’t see where Stefon was. And all of a sudden I see Stefon’s hands, his white gloves, just coming out of nowhere, and I’m like, ‘He’s gonna catch this ball.’ And he catches it. And I tell you, I’ve been in some loud stadiums, but . . . they went crazy. I mean it was nuts. It was the loudest I’ve ever heard. I’ve been in Seattle, I’ve been in Kansas City, where they set the world record for loudest outdoor stadium, but it was loud. It was so loud.”

For an instant it looked like Diggs would step out of bounds to give the Vikings a chance at a last-second field goal. That’s what the receivers had been instructed to do Womens Joe Flacco Jersey , but Diggs saw a clear path to the end zone and disregarded those instructions.

“Everybody was yelling the same thing I was: ‘Get out of bounds,'” Keenum said. “And he comes down and he turns back inside and this guy [Williams] overshoots it. I don’t see any of that happen. I see Stefon fall and put his hand down and I’m like, ‘No! Get out of bounds!’ And then he starts running toward the end zone and he never gets tackled, and I don’t know what’s going on.”

Keenum still finds himself shocked at how the game ended.

“You talk about the best moment? It was an unbelievable moment,” Keenum said. “I still don’t believe it sometimes, that it happened. It was so crazy.”

There was no reason for defensive end Melvin Ingram to go all-out in the Los Angeles Chargers' 24-14 preseason win over the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday night.

However, he couldn't resist the chance to exploit a Seattle offensive line that clearly had not game-planned for him, not with the teams set to meet again in the regular season.

"Hey, man, it's extremely fun," Ingram said of the 1-on-1 matchups against Seahawks offensive tackles Duane Brown and Germain Ifedi.

Ingram made the game anything but enjoyable for quarterback Russell Wilson by getting into the backfield seemingly at will. Though he did not record a sack, Ingram sped past Ifedi and forced Wilson to step up into the waiting arms of Isaac Rochell for a loss of 4 yards late in the second quarter. He also bull-rushed through Ifedi to force Wilson to scramble and make an off-balance throw that fell incomplete.

Ifedi had no answers for Ingram, who has 29 sacks over the past three seasons. Even the right tackle's attempt to cut block on a stretch run to the other side of the formation couldn't even knock Ingram off his feet, with Ingram putting his hands down to keep his balance and popping back up to provide the backside pursuit.

"We like the matchup with Melvin always," Chargers linebacker Kyle Emanuel said with a laugh.

The loose nature of the preseason game allowed Ingram to showcase the raw athleticism that led the Chargers to draft him 18th overall in 2012. But Rochell said Ingram and bookend Joey Bosa, who did not play because of a foot injury Womens Kareem Hunt Jersey , have a clinical understanding of how to create pressure off the edge. Unlike some players that rely solely on physical tools, Rochell said Ingram and Bosa can explain how and why they can get to the quarterback. That skill has been invaluable for the progression of Rochell entering his second NFL season.

"It's really impressive from that standpoint, and it's really easy to learn from guys like that cause then you can ask them, 'What did you do there? How can I do that? And, how can I implement that?'" said Rochell, who had two sacks. "And they can coach you through it. By far the best thing for me in my pass rush development has been being around Melvin and Joey."

At 29 and coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance after matching his career high with 10 1/2 sacks last season, Ingram believes he has still not reached the point where his athleticism and understanding of the game have intersected.

That declaration seems hard to accept given how he forced a fumble at the goal line early in the second quarter. Lined up as a middle linebacker, Ingram saw that the defensive line and secondary had occupied blockers to give him a free path to running back Chris Carson. Ingram met Carson at the line of scrimmage, stood him up and ripped the ball loose so defensive tackle Brandon Mebane could recover it.

"I've still got a long way to go, man," Ingram said. "You can never be too good. I'm trying to get better every aspect of my game, mentally and physically, so we're just still climbing."

Wilson recognized that the Seahawks would have to do a better job of accounting for Ingram when the teams play in Seattle in Week 9.

"Melvin Ingram is one of the best to do it in the game," Wilson said. "The key is not letting them make too many big plays. We'll see them down the road and we know that he's going to try to cause havoc again."

Authentic Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys
10-06-2018, 11:34 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users1  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NFL Preseason: Washington Redskins vs New England Patriots chenyan94 0 73 06-25-2019 09:53 PM
Last Post: chenyan94
  Customized Oakland Raiders Jerseys huangjian123 0 144 12-21-2018 01:54 AM
Last Post: huangjian123
  New England Patriots 2018 roster breakdown: huangjian123 0 148 12-10-2018 11:18 PM
  Week 3 Patriots vs Lions: huangjian123 0 136 12-10-2018 11:16 PM
  Patriots reportedly make a series of practice huangjian123 0 168 12-10-2018 11:05 PM
  the New England Patriots will play their eighth game of the season – huangjian123 0 176 12-03-2018 11:07 PM
  the New England Patriots will face their biggest challenge huangjian123 0 118 12-03-2018 10:55 PM
  Ex-Patriots staffer sees Lions wide receiver huangjian123 0 140 11-29-2018 09:36 PM
  Week 3 Patriots vs Lions: huangjian123 0 170 11-29-2018 09:27 PM
  Examining the roster ties between Patriots huangjian123 0 125 11-26-2018 11:01 PM