Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users  Add Reply 
Trophies:
Can't Log In Pickle

I recently posted this with the wrong title. It's a login problem not a boot problem.

I am in a spot and I have no idea what to do. I have an old Macbook Pro that I was resuscitating for various reasons (media center.) Anyway it was Tiger and I just loaded Leopard (which is the cutoff -- it can't run Snow Leopard.) Problem is after loading Leopard I get this message at login:

"Your FileVault-protected home folder did not open and needs to be repaired.
Click OK to repair the folder and continue logging in.
Click Cancel Login to log in as a different user."

But -- there are no other users and the only message that follows this after entering my password is:

"You are unable to log into the filevault at this time."

I found a fix that involved having the OS disk in to boot from -- but the computer will not boot from it and just takes me tot his screen.

I launched it in TARGET MODE. In target mode I copied the sparse file over to my Snow Leopard computer. And now I just want to get the Leopard computer working (no longer fearing the loss of anything on the computer because I copied everything over.)

Since I can't get it to boot from the DVD or launch into terminal -- Is there anything I can do in Target Mode to fix this? I would reformat but I don;t know how to do that in Target Mode (I did read how to do it if I was formatting FROM the target but not to it.

Thanks!
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users  Add Reply