Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users  Add Reply 
Trophies:
help me please "root not in sudoers list"

I have had issues ever since upgrading to Lion with my whole system.

First it wouldn't let me install anything as I didn't have the correct password!? Managed to resolve that with a quick google search.

Next up upon reboot couldn't get past the login screen, just showed the user picture and no matter how much you clicked, the password box never appeared. Back to the iPad and a google search helped again.

Now, I'm trying to upgrade to Xcode 4.1 from the Appstore, have downloaded and tried to run the installer but it's not having it. A quick search on good ol google churns up the iTunes helper issue. Did that, retried the install, not having it. Checked the error log and something about admin error came up.

Checked user account, I am indeed the only user and I am an admin.

Tried again, only this time I tried downloading the Xcode file from the iOS dev centre. Same friggin issue!?!

Opened up terminal and tried to see what was going on, all of a sudden my username is not on the sudoers list. WTF?

So I tried creating a new admin account, and running sudo from that account, new account is not on the sudoers list. Sad :confused:

Final trick up the old sleeve came in the form of good old applejack. All of a sudden it shows as command not found, and yes it was restarted to single user mode.

So I log back in. re download applejack, everything installs fine. restart, try again. same thing!? Getting angry now. :mad:

Final thing was to activate Root user and run 'su root' from terminal. Fine. Sudo from root. "root is not on sudoers list."

OK now I'm beat. I figure that Xcode won't install because something is screwed up with one or more files. So how the hell do I fix the sudoers list?

Any help greatly appreciated. :mad::eek:Smile
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users  Add Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  User Root Access - What are these lkeridunuuue 0 137 09-23-2016 05:07 AM
Last Post: lkeridunuuue
  Sync stock list MargaretS2006 0 104 05-15-2016 10:23 PM
Last Post: MargaretS2006
  How Do I Print A File List (finder) sbrantalvarmmoe 0 194 10-07-2015 12:44 PM
Last Post: sbrantalvarmmoe
  Special character shortcut LIST oharrisonholmesh 0 109 09-18-2015 03:02 PM
Last Post: oharrisonholmesh
  Is it possible to get a list of all installed applications? rdaniellabarryr 0 296 06-29-2015 05:21 PM
Last Post: rdaniellabarryr
  Safari Reading List --- plist? Application Support? KevynB1947 0 183 10-24-2014 04:18 AM
Last Post: KevynB1947
  List view in Finder w/ no icons Shiney 0 149 03-13-2014 02:47 PM
Last Post: Shiney
  How To Get "On This Mac" Back In Mailbox List vfreddyhuynhp 0 124 04-11-2013 09:45 AM
Last Post: vfreddyhuynhp
  How to delete MULTIPLE reading list items at the same time wjeremiahnicholscc 0 144 04-10-2013 02:43 PM
Last Post: wjeremiahnicholscc
  Clicking on the last item in a list in Finder, when scroll bars get in the way vfreddyhuynhp 0 389 03-07-2013 06:09 PM
Last Post: vfreddyhuynhp